Lines in 2.9.1

Lautibah

Lines in 2.9.1

Post by Lautibah » November 8th, 2019, 6:14 pm

Hello.
Thank you for the new update to magic plot 2.9.1! I like the plot bars feature, looks cool and I will start using them as well.
I have found that in this version, if you add to a plot multiple tables at once, now the lines will not only have different colours but also different line types. Is it intentional or a bug?

Greetings!

MagicPlot
Site Admin

Re: Lines in 2.9.1

Post by MagicPlot » November 8th, 2019, 8:54 pm

I have found that in this version, if you add to a plot multiple tables at once, now the lines will not only have different colours but also different line types. Is it intentional or a bug?
Do you like the new behavior or the previous? The new is better for black and white papers, but the old may look better on the screen. We need to make an option for this. And colorize / randomize line style / marker option in drop-down menus also.

Lautibah

Post by Lautibah » November 11th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Hello.
I don't mind too much about the style, because I have some saved templates and I use them for the thesis. I was just suspicious if it was intentional or not. For the black and white papers I was using a gradient of color black > soft grey, but different line styles also makes sense. I think colorize in rainbow colors etc is the best choice for my graphs, but that's personal style, so don't worry.

By the way, before I could drag and drop tables into a figure, this action used to open the "add data to axes" window. Now, when I do the same, the tables are duplicated and I am asked for deleting the tables + figures which are dependent from these tables. Crazy. Luckily it can also be done without problems by dragging and drop the tables onto the "figure properties" window.
Last edited by Lautibah on November 13th, 2019, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagicPlot
Site Admin

Post by MagicPlot » November 13th, 2019, 9:17 am

By the way, before I could drag and drop tables into a figure, opening the "add data to axes" window. Now, when I do the same, the tables are duplicated and I am asked for deleting the tables + figures which are dependent from these tables. Crazy.
Thank you for the bug report, we'll fix it!